Systems Administrator with excellent communication skills who will work directly with costumers and other technical teams across the organization. Strong technical understanding of information systems to address issues, investigate problems, interact with vendors, and serve as technical expert. The position has a 24×7 support requirement, so the incumbent must be willing, able, and available to participate in a regular on-call rotation, work a flexible schedule, and respond to out-of-band emergencies when the need arises.
Scope of Work / Duties of Consultant:
• Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows systems within an enterprise-server environment
Maintain best practices and procedures for patch management, virus management, and
operating systems upgrades.
• Active Directory Management, including managing and troubleshooting GPO's, DNS, and DHCP.
• Perform root cause analysis to troubleshoot system errors and client system issues.
• Define and implement security best practices and hardening of the Windows Server and related
• Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
• Perform other duties as required
Required Technical Skills:
The resource MUST have the following skills and experience:
• Minimum of 4 years of Microsoft systems administration, configuration, and troubleshooting
• Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Microsoft System Center Operations
• Experience deploying, integrating, configuring, and securing Microsoft Windows Servers in an Active Directory environment.
• Experience using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, or an equivalent tool, to centrally manage servers in an enterprise environment
• Experience with patching, updating and vulnerability remediation for Windows OS and third-party applications.
• High level knowledge of Active Directory and group policy objects.
• PowerShell Scripting
The resource SHOULD have the following skills and experience:
• Knowledge of a Linux Operating system.
• Knowledge of Virtualization platform such as VMWare, Hyper-V
• PowerShell scripting expertise and knowledgeable on automation tools
• Experience or basic knowledge of Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Request Fulfillment support.
Required Soft Skills:
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong customer service orientation and presentation skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities
• Must assist, guide, and share information with technical and non-technical personnel
• Must be able to work well within the team and others in a work environment
• Certifications such as MCSA, MCSE, MCP are an advantage
• ITIIL v3 or v4 recommended but not required.