The Infrastructure Team Lead’s role is to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, Backup strategies and telecommunications systems. The Infrastructure Team Lead will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems (1000+ Workstations & 100+Servers), including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, backup strategies and so on.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
- Establish service level agreements with business units.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Certifications in Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Certifications in Microsoft Certified System Engineer.
- Certifications in Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Redhat Certified Professional
- ITIL is added advantage
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware.
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards, including TCP/IP
- Application support experience with Windows and Linux
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and so on.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.