Our client - a major utility firm based out of Westchester County, NY - has an immediate need for a Project Estimator. The particulars of the position are as follows.
The consultant will provide estimating support to the group, help with the administration of estimating software and coordinate estimates being performed by external resources.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• Prepare, support and coordinate multi-discipline detailed estimates for work based on designed jobs for major Capital Construction and plant maintenance / modification using Sage.
• Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
• Ensure all estimates identify and incorporate all risks, markups, assumptions, etc.
• Assign and coordinate estimate deliverables to third party A/E firms based on their availability and capability to work on the project estimate request(s).
• Oversee and hold weekly progress meetings with A/E Estimating Team(s) to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
• Review data supplied by the project team to ensure that sufficient data is provided to complete the type of estimate that is requested.
• Coordinate RFI’s between the 3rd party A/E estimating team and the project team(s) to ensure information is sufficient for the estimate.
• Evaluate and analyze estimates prepared by A/E’s to ensure quality and accuracy metrics are being consistently met based on the estimate classification per AACE Industry Standards.
• Coordinate activities with SSM to ensure adherence to Contract Terms and Conditions related to outsourced estimating deliverables.
• Maintain database of 3rd party A/E estimates and related quality metrics of deliverables.
• Proficiency with Sage Estimating
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in fast-paced work environment with our Stakeholders
• MS Office - Proficiency
• Travel may be required when client returns to normal work schedule to familiarize with project site locations.
Education & Certifications
• Estimator with minimum 2 years’ experience working in utility environment required
• Engineering Degree is preferred
• Certified Estimating Professional (CEP) - Preferred.
For Immediate Response call 732-876-7623 or send your resume to RecruiterKS@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.