Our client - a major utility firm, has an immediate need for Project Engineer in Albany, NY. The particulars of the position are as follows.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• Works with limited supervision, in accordance with the Project Management procedure guidelines, to ensure that equipment and systems meet all design, code, procurement, implementation and licensing requirements, operating and maintenance intents.
• Performs a variety of routine tasks that are planned to provide experience and familiarize the engineer with his/her work group, engineering methods, practices, and programs of the Authority. Tasks are limited in scope.
• Reviews designs and bid evaluations as they relate to engineering concerns and overall project completion and provides recommendations. Coordinates the reviewing process for equipment drawings and system design drawings between the reviewing staff, vendor, and consulting firms.
• Assists Project Manager/Engineer in coordinating and reconciling review comments from members of other groups within the Authority in order to meet the timely project schedule.
• Coordinates with internal and external parties to make sure the projects run smoothly and according to the planned schedule. This will include but are not limited to frequent follow-ups, scheduling calls, leading calls, taking minute of meetings, and organizing the notes, files, and folders.
• Performs cost studies and cost-benefit analyses to ensure that the project activities are performed in the most cost-effective manner in order to remain within budgetary and regulatory guidelines.
• Generates and maintain/monitor project schedules.
• Engineering degree and operating/PM experience.
• Knowledge of state-of-the-art project management and contract administration.
• Ability to effectively use MS Excel, Word, Project and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and SAP
• Industry-wide practices especially in high technology domains.
• Awareness of changes and advancements in the industry, and industry-wide expertise.
• Ability to communicate and interface with contractors, third parties and diverse audiences at all levels
• Excellent writing, verbal and written communication skills
• General technical understanding of electric power systems, modeling, and simulations
Education & Certifications:
• B.Sc. with 5 or more years of engineering experience
• Minimum of 3 years of project management experience in highly advanced technology projects such as digital twins, data analytics, immerse visualizations, large-scale power grid simulators, hardware-in-the-loop simulations, load and weather forecast.
For Immediate Response call 732-876-7623 or send your resume to RecruiterKS@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.