Trigyn has a contractual opportunity for GIS Technician. This resource will be working at our client site in Brindisi, Italy.
Geospatial Information Technician is responsible for delivery of Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and development of GIS applications, services and products
• Compile large-scale operation maps and small-scale briefing/report maps;
• Perform collecting processes and evaluate geographic data including vector, raster and thematic data;
• Design, develop, maintain and use spatial databases as well as spatial data management tools;
• Design symbology, templates and other related cartographic and geovisualization products.
• Conduct spatial and terrain analysis studies, and the prediction of the effects of terrain, weather and situations on the mission's operations.
• Generate 3D visualization products;
• Produce and maintain web-map services and web-map applications;
• Oversee the performing of Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QC/QA) on all products generated and disseminated by the Section, including procedures on all extracted features and retrieved parameters, geo-data and maps;
• Conduct satellite imagery processing for remote sensing projects and tasks; i.e. image interpretation, analysis, image classification, rectification, feature extraction, photogrammetric models, etc.;
• Planning and overview of field surveys for geospatial data collection and truth verification;
• Ensure the archiving of geographic data and maintaining the mission's geo-database system;
• Ensure that data security, data acquisition and data share policies are in place;
• Ensure the archiving and maintenance of map production and map catalogues;
• Assist in the incorporation of innovative technologies in geospatial and remote sensing products and services, i.e. artificial intelligence AI, Extended Reality XR (AR-MR-VR), etc.
• Other duties as assigned by a supervisor;
• Excellent practical and theoretical Geospatial information related skills;
• At least 3 years working experience in GIS, remote sensing and image analysis;
• Experience in using remote sensing software such as ERDAS Imagine, ERDAS LPS, etc.;
• Experience in using open-source GIS software and ArcGIS (Desktop, Server and online applications), experience in PostgreSQL, SQL Server Enterprise, Model Builder, Geocortex;
• Experience in spatial database management;
• Skills using graphic design software is an asset.
• Skills in the use and application of innovative technologies including AI and XR and related software is an asset.
• Fluency in English, both written and oral, is required;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Driving licence suitable to drive 4X4 vehicles;
• Excellent client orientation;
For Immediate Response, Please send your Resume to Global-Recruitment@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES is a multinational IT services company with resources deployed in 25 countries. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS) and CMMI Level 5 certified company. TRIGYN has offices in United States, Canada, Germany Switzerland and India.