Our client - a major utility firm based out of Westchester County, NY - has an immediate need for an Electrical Engineer. The particulars of the position are as follows.
This position will support the System Interconnection/System Planning Team and associated work related to the conceptual engineering design for System Impact Study and Facility Study phases of new interconnection projects, new transmission projects, and conventional facility modifications. Entry electrical engineer will support the project team and interface with cross functional teams and work in a matrix environment with internal and external stakeholders in support of NYISO’s interconnection process to reliably interconnect Generation, Load and Transmission projects to Electric Transmission System.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
• Assist with Project Management to coordinate with the Developers of Generation and Transmission projects to ensure designs and specifications are reviewed so they meet the technical requirements;
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders, NYISO, Developers, AE firms for the facility study design and conceptual design for the generator connection that requires transmission facility modification.
• Coordinate with Environmental, Transmission Planning and Transmission Operations, Site Engineering and Legal to develop NDAs, facility study agreement, cost-reimbursable agreement.
• Support and coordinate with Engineering, Design, Strategic Supply management (SSM), Legal, Environmental, site owners to draft and execute Interconnection Agreement.
• Develop and review responsibility matrix for the facility study and Interconnection agreement.
• Prepare project request and coordinate with OPMG to generate project number and WBS codes for cost tracking.
• Review Feasibility Study (FES) scope, FES report, System Reliability Impact Study (SRIS) scope and reports
• Knowledge in interpreting results from power flow and transient simulations using PSSE or TARA
• Coordinate with engineering, design and sites, to provide asset information, drawings, and standards for interconnection to transmission or generation facility.
• Experience with NYISO interconnection process, preferred
• Experience with high voltage substation and transmission project development and execution.
• Experience with large scale renewable projects, desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Power System at an accredited institution at the time of application
• Minimum of 3 years of high voltage substation and transmission line engineering experience
• Minimum of 3 years in project management - New York State PE, desired.
For Immediate Response call 732-876-7633 or send your resume to RecruiterAS@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.