• Line Managing a team of 15-20 colleagues within the Dev Ops supporting their development, discussing learning and career development activities, and driving excellent performance in your team.
• You will allocate 50% of your time to your team and be there to coach them and lead by example.
• Your team may work across several different delivery teams and your role will be to develop their skills to support delivery.
• Lead and mentor a team of skilled DevOps professionals, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
• Define and implement the DevOps strategy for the Thought Machine Vault initiative, ensuring alignment with business objectives and technical requirements.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, architects, and operations teams, to ensure seamless integration and efficient delivery of software products.
• Develop and maintain a robust infrastructure and CI/CD pipeline, ensuring scalability, reliability, and security.
• Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies, evaluating their potential impact on the organisation, and making recommendations for adoption.
• Helping to review our existing processes and migrating those to the Oracle Cloud Platform
• Implement and exemplify engineering standards to mentor colleagues, using constructive feedback to create learning opportunities.
• Work with the Product Owner and customers to understand, refine and prioritise items for the feature team backlog, using strong problem-solving skills and a combination of technical knowledge, experience, and judgement to identify available options and clearly set out the way forward.
• Extensive experience in a DevOps role, with a strong background in technical leadership and people management.
• Deep understanding of DevOps principles, and methodologies, with a track record of successful implementation in complex environments.
• Proficiency in cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and related technologies, such as infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, CloudFormation) and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
• Strong hands-on experience with CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD) and automation frameworks.
• Experience in the financial services industry or a regulated environment is preferred but not essential.
• Passion for software and data engineering, adopting the mindset of a curious engineer.
• Experience with cloud technology, particularly Google Cloud Platform
• Experience of CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins, Spinnaker, GIT, Nexus, Artifactory, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Puppet, Terraform, GCP Deployment Manager and others.
• Experience of continuous monitoring such as Dynatrace, Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana and others
• Experience of continuous testing such as Selenium, Cucumber, SonarQube, Mocha, Zephyr, Veracode and others
• Ability to understand complex business requirements and create business-ready solutions.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, particularly the ability to convey business information arising from technical subject matter to non-technical people.
• Experience leading a team of skilled Technology colleagues across multiple grades.
• A passion for supporting the development of your team.
• Experience performance managing colleagues to drive high performance. A growth mindset that challenges the status quo and focuses on outside-the-box ideas and solutions.
Strong communication Skills