Our client - a major utility firm based out of Westchester County, NY - has an immediate need for an Accounts Payable Specialist. The particulars of the position are as follows.
The Accounts Payable Representative purpose is to deal with all aspects of vendor invoicing, including coordinating and working with internal departments, processing intake invoices from vendors, perform invoice verification, and ensure invoice charges are accurate. Ensure vendor invoices are in compliance with Prompt payment Policy and Expenditure Authorization Policies and Procedures. The Accounts Payable Representative assists the A/P staff, auditors, and vendors with A/P issues by researching and providing information for resolution.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
• Responsible for processing the data entry of the submitted invoices from vendors, and performing invoice verification to ensure that invoice charges are accurately and timely posted for payment in compliance with Prompt Payment Policy.
• Perform invoice verification procedures prior to invoice posting as follows:
• Verify and confirm various Invoice Header Data elements indicated on system are in agreement with individual vendor invoices.
• Verify the vendor account and enforce client’s Freight Policy
• Verify Invoice Header Amount and Total Invoice Line items are in balance
• Verify missing Header information and send vendor notices of submission rejections
• Review notes made by Invoice Approvers and modify invoice amount if appropriate
• Perform over 130 invoice transfers from Data Entry application platform daily and Post Invoice Daily in Process Director
• Submitting the intake of mailed invoices into the data entry system
• Verifying data entry and performing Confirmation of Fuel Trades
• Follow up with responsible parties internal/external in obtaining outstanding invoice inquiries and resolve identified invoice discrepancies.
• Working knowledge of Data Entry and Invoice Application Software
• Basic invoice processing skills in large corporate environment.
• Demonstrate basic problem-solving skills to address and resolve Accounts Payable related problems in a timely manner.
• Capable to influence both Management and end users in accepting system / procedure improvements.
• React appropriately to the needs of demanding environment and resolve problems and provide our customers with the best service.
• Basic oral and written communication skills to interact effectively with all levels of organization internally and external customers.
• Proficiency in use of PC and Microsoft applications including Excel and Word.
• Capable to devise “work-around” for unexpected system problems in an emergency and follow up with long term solutions.
• Ability to enforce timely invoice approval by completing Data Entry Intake to transfer invoices on daily basis
• Capable of maintaining good relationships with internal/external parties
• Great Working knowledge and experience in fully computerized Financial System.
• Understanding of the complete procurement cycle and purchase orders process
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relative discipline is preferred
• Minimum of 1 year of experience with a fully computerized Accounts Payable System/ back office is preferred
• Ability to work cross-functionally within a team environment.
For Immediate Response call 732-876-7633 or send your resume to RecruiterAS@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.