ISO 9001:2015 is an international standard that lays the foundation for organizations to implement a Quality Management System (QMS). The standard spans all activities organizations engage in, and ingrains a culture of documentation, review and continual improvement across all of these functions. The certification process involves an independent audit of an organization's QMS by a certifying body. Audits are performed to verify that the company's QMS is in compliance with the standard and that quality processes are effectively implemented and maintained. Organizations that hold this certification have demonstrated a commitment to quality products and services and entrenched a culture of excellence and continual improvement across all of their business activities.
Why should you choose an ISO 9001:2015-certified IT supplier?
- Quality Assurance: ISO 9001:2015 certification ensures that the supplier has robust quality control measures in place. This means that its customers can expect consistently high-quality IT products or services from the vendor. Because the organization has robust processes in place to identify and address quality issues, it minimizes the risk of defects, errors and rework, and reduces overall costs.
- Process Efficiency: The ISO 9001 certified organizations have established formal processes and procedures for performing business functions, documenting business activities, and reviewing past performance as part of a continual improvement process. By choosing an ISO 9001:2015 certified IT provider, your organization can benefit from lean and efficient processes that have been refined over time to proactively prevent errors and improve overall quality. This can result in shorter lead times, increased productivity and cost savings.
- Risk Management: ISO 9001:2015 requires organizations to identify and address the risks and opportunities associated with their processes, and projects. An IT provider with this certification will have risk management practices in place to ensure proactive detection and mitigation of issues which could potentially derail a project. Risk management can help ensure performance against agreed upon timelines and budget, mitigate security threats, and ensure the delivery of a solution that meets client expectations.
- Customer Focus: ISO 9001:2015 places great emphasis on meeting customer requirements and increasing customer satisfaction. An IT provider with this certification has documented processes and policies it uses to understand and meet the needs of its customers and ensure customer satisfaction. They are more likely to provide excellent customer service, respond quickly to inquiries, and resolve any concerns or issues effectively and efficiently.
- Continual Improvement: ISO 9001:2015 promotes a culture of continual improvement in organizations. Certified IT providers regularly review their processes, measure operational performance, collect customer feedback and take corrective actions to improve performance. By choosing a certified vendor, clients can benefit from the mature and efficient processes the vendor has in place, and over time, benefit from their continual improvement efforts.
- Compliance and Audits: ISO 9001:2015 certification includes regular audits by accredited certification bodies. By choosing a certified IT vendor, a business can be confident that the vendor is compliant with industry standards and regulations. This can be particularly important for companies operating in regulated sectors where compliance with industry standards is mandatory.
Ultimately, choosing an ISO 9001:2015 certified IT vendor demonstrates the vendor's commitment to quality, customer satisfaction and continual improvement. This gives the client the assurance that the vendor is following globally recognized best practices to deliver quality products and services.