Background: Trigyn Technologies is a leader in providing IT staffing and consulting services, spanning mainstream and numerous niche roles. Trigyn excels at deploying professionals under adverse conditions such as skill shortages or challenging locations. Trigyn was selected by a major American bank as one of six preferred vendors for cybersecurity IT staffing services.
Trigyn Approach: A key challenge faced with this engagement was the highly competitive recruiting environment for the skills being sought, and the complex combination of mandatory skills that the client specified for each role. To meet the needs of the client, Trigyn employed its Specialized and High-Demand Recruiting Methodology. This approach relied heavily on niche websites, discussions forums, specialty publications, one-to-one outreach, and networking by our specialty recruiters. This approach allowed Trigyn to engage prospective candidates who were otherwise inaccessible through more traditional recruiting methods.
Trigyn was a leading performer under this IT staffing and consulting contract. Trigyn's staff completed business critical assignments to support the client's IT security operations. As part of this engagement, Trigyn staff performed duties including:
- Helping to develop the firm’s next generation vulnerability management program including formalized assessment criteria, integration with asset inventory, enterprise vulnerability scanning, and remediation tracking and governance.
- Documenting and implementing an enhanced penetration testing program to cover testing of application and infrastructure systems for security vulnerabilities.
- Developing innovate security testing to mimic advanced persistent threat techniques and blended threats including social engineering, physical access gaps.
- Developing program quality metrics as both program performance indicators and enterprise risk indicators.
- Assessing publicly and privately announced security vulnerabilities to determine the risk based on severity, threat likelihood and firm impact.
- Operate the firm’s vulnerability scanning program using industry standard tools for scanning and reporting application and infrastructure vulnerabilities.
- Manage the firm’s penetration testing and insider threat programs by leveraging both in house staff and vendor expertise to identify weaknesses in technology, people or process.
- Develop and use cyber red team strategies for testing organizational security posture.
- Leverage firm inventory and patch management systems to provide reporting and governance for vulnerability impact and remediation progress.
- Integrate findings across infrastructure, web application, and static code security testing to provide a holistic security posture for assets.
Outcome: Trigyn has been a valued IT staffing and consulting partner of the bank for more than 6 years and continues to enjoy an excellent reputation with the client.