Trigyn's direct government client has an immediate need for Sr. Network Engineer in Baltimore, MD. The particulars of the opportunity are below:
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Network and Cybersecurity engineering, design and implementation
• Cisco IOS - Routing and switching (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, PfR, VPC, etc.)
• Load balancing/Malware/Content filtering Management
• Cisco Nexxus 9k and ISE engineering and implementation
• Cisco Wireless and Wire Environment through 802.1x, and other protocols (MAB) including BYOD, Guests (Web-auth) and Sponsor portals, profiling and posturing.
• Develop high availability, resiliency, contingency and recovery efforts and plans to ensure continuous availability and accessibility of network, security and infrastructure services.
• Reviews plans for accuracy, completeness, and content and ensures compliance with security and best practice requirements.
• Researches and identifies new solutions to automate/streamline the infrastructure and security in order to increase efficiencies
• Works with Information Security and Systems teams to ensure complete collaboration and transparency
• Mentors, teaches and trains junior personnel in network designs and architecture to ensure future requirements are planned for and met
• Determines the solution configuration needed to develop, modify, and implement the network architecture and operations that permit the effective sharing and transmission of information among customers.
• Develops recommendations that anticipate major effects on the IT systems and provide mitigation of adverse impacts.
• Researches and makes recommendations for the most appropriate types of assessment tools to use.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science degree.
- Must have experience with Spine-Leaf Architecture and ACI
• Four years of experience as a Network Engineer
• Previous IT experience in government is preferred
• AWS or other cloud computing experience highly preferable
• An equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical credentials may be substituted for six months of experience or education. Multiple certifications may receive additional credit towards education/experience.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Troubleshoot and investigate complex network and security system problems.
• Coordinate the resolution of system problems by identifying issues and meeting with users, managers, and hardware/software vendors to identify solutions.
• Provide expert guidance to management on network and security systems lifecycle including upgrades and potentially complete replacement of existing infrastructure with new technologies.
• Provide expert interpretations of network and security administration regulations and guidance, advises on the purchase and specification of new technologies as well as supporting infrastructure.
• Monitor usage and performance of environments for which responsible.
• Develop and modifies complex network and security systems and develops subsystems to enhance the overall operational environment.
• Utilize various monitoring tools, perform active monitoring and remediation of rouge intrusions
• Assess and resolve tier 2 and tier 3 operational and performance issues with the networking infrastructure, working with vendor support or other organizations as needed.
• All or any of the following a plus:
• CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert)
• CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
• CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
• CCSA (Check Point Firewall-1 administrator)
• CCSE (Check Point Firewall-1 Engineer)
• CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
BALTIMORE CITY RESIDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
For Immediate Response call 732-876-7640, or send your resume to RecruiterPC@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.