Trigyn has a contractual opportunity for User Support Trainer - MOVCON Assistant. This resource will be working at our client site in Mali.
The following will be the duties and responsibilities of a Procurement Support Service:
• Shall monitor contracts for the provision of transportation support and participates in the evaluation of vendor's performance in coordination with the Procurement and Acquisition Management Sections
• Should monitor and coordinate the MovCon arrangements to the destination facility.
• Should demonstrate the ability to draft, review, record and prioritize procurement needs/requests and obtain additional information/documentation as may be required.
• Should demonstrate the ability to prepare scope of work and specifications of goods and services and review of procurement documents and to ensure accuracy of the solicitation documents.
• Shall be required to propose and draft generic functional and output specifications and product substitutions consistent with requirements to achieve cost savings and to participate in the technical evaluation teams.
• Shall be required to assist in validating the best long-term sustainable sourcing options.
• Should demonstrate working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Applications and ability to support other team members.
• Shall act as the initial point of contact for procurement and contractual issues for the MOVCON Section.
• Shall provide and maintain a high level of team support service and ensure that all clients are treated efficiently in professional manner.
• Shall update the MOVCON management on all procurement related activities and report on all matters requiring resolution by escalation to higher team leader.
• Shall report on all issues/problems related to delivery of commodities, including discrepancies between contractual documents and items/quantities shipped or received.
• Shall maintain relevant internal databases and files pertaining to procurement issues of the section.
• Shall maintain records and keep track of any contractual means and inform the section management on contractual rights and obligations.
• Shall research, retrieve, and present information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply, commodity market, etc., as well as obtain generic functional and output specifications for new commodities on the market.
• Shall be required to draft a variety of correspondence.
• Shall educate team members colleagues on available options for resolving or preventing recurrence of a procurement issues and explain and recommend the viable valid solutions in technical and comprehensible manner.
• Shall attend educational training, workshops, and seminars to stay abreast with developments in the procurement and contract performance industry.
• Shall participate in the preparation of operational plans, performance reports, and responses to internal and external audit observations.
• Shall participate in the development of technical specifications for goods and services, provides inputs to the responses to bids and technical evaluations to ensure that vendor’s proposals meet technical requirements.
• Shall collect information for the preparation of technical and legal contracts and interviews with vendors/suppliers/contractors to assess the ability to meet the requirements for performance.
• Shall conduct inventories and physical checks of relevant facilities and equipment.
• Shall perform other related duties as required.
High school and technical or vocational certificate in logistics, business management and/or supply chain management-related field.
Professional Procurement Certification such as CIPS is a must.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administration or related area including a minimum of three (3) years of experience in an international public organization is desirable.
Experience working with UMOJA SAP/ERP system in purchasing or supply chain is desirable.
Should demonstrate a good knowledge of United Nations Procurement rules and regulations, Procurement manual and UMOJA Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Application would be an added advantage.
English and French are the working languages. For this job, fluency in oral and written English and French is required.