Trigyn's direct government client has an immediate long-term need for a Systems Engineer in Baltimore, MD. The particulars of the opportunity are below:
Active Directory/Windows Server Administration.
• Creation and management of directory infrastructure and upgrade of Directory infra
• Includes FSMO roles, trusts, Kerberos KDCs, replication topology, etc.
• Creation of all top-level OU hierarchies with LBL standard sub-OUs, groups, and appropriate security permissions.? This includes adding the OU Admins to the Add Computers group, Group Policy Creator Owners group, and OU Admins mail list. It also includes setting appropriate permissions on the created objects and linking default GPOs.
• Monitoring and reporting associated with the reliability and security of the domain
• Use the domain admin account only for actions that require the privilege level of this account
• Monitoring changes to domain root and domain controllers OU to ensure unauthorized changes do not occur
• Day-to-day management of the domain controllers
• Monitoring connectivity, synchronization, replication, netlogon, time services, FSMO roles, schema, NTDS database partitions, DNS settings, SRV records, and trust relationships
• Review DC event and security logs and take corrective actions
• Monitor and resolve security situations at all levels of the domain to ensure a stable and secure domain
• Domain Controller Management
• Physical security of the domain controllers in IT Division space and oversite for all domain controllers
• Backups and restores on domain controllers
• Full disaster recovery plan and practice recovery of DCs and core Directory objects
• Policy monitoring and compliance
• Apply and enforce LBL standard naming conventions for objects in the domain
• Comply with LBL AD policies and standards as defined on the AD Web Site
• Monitor compliance with LBL AD policies and standards as defined on the AD Web Site, including Change Management,
Communication and Coordination
• Arbitrate disputes between OU Admins
• Provide OU Admins with assistance when requested
• Coordination with the LBL Cyber Security group to ensure the LBL domain is secure
• Comply with all?Cyber Security group orders regarding emergency conditions
• Work collectively with the OU administrators
• Secure remote administration of the DCs and member servers managed by the Infrastructure Group
• Manage group policy at root of domain and for Domain Controllers OU
• Manage the root Users and the root Computers OUs
• Install and manage security reporting tools used to monitor changes to the Active Directory
• Coordinate and configure alarm distribution to OU Admins for OU-related events
• Plan and manage all migrations and upgrades related to the AD or the D
• Host and maintain Virtual server (i.e., IIS, business specific service, etc.)
• Upgrade Servers from 2012 to 2016 and 2019 and work with application owners.
• Patching/software upgrades
• Volume/partition space management
• Software migration and applications upgrade
• Software licenses for all member server(s) and applications
• Good experience on virtual Windows 2012, 2016, 2019 Server Managements
• Operating system maintenance for all non-Infrastructure-managed member servers
• Maintain level of member server system security by applying Service Packs and security patches
• Department application, file service, workstation and printer support
• Backup/recovery plans for application servers
• Full disaster recovery plan and practice recovery
• Design, maintain, and troubleshoot Active Directory group policies, login scripts, DNS and DHCP
• Maintain Active Directory and virtual servers
• Build and configure Windows and VMware servers
• Responsible for production support activities for facilities operations to ensure the security and stability of the environment
• Involves technical understanding of architecture and environments supported
• Track points of friction for users, technology or operations, use analytics and then work with other teams to make those parts of banking better
• Participating in system design improvements and performance enhancements
• Participate in Business Continuity Planning and Exercises as needed
• Assist the Database Administrator and Network Administrator in developing and implementing plans for new enterprise applications
• Support existing systems
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree and three years of experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of current trends and developments in network-based communications systems.
• Knowledge of internet/intranet/extranet technologies.
• Knowledge of computer-based communications protocols.
• Knowledge of client/server cabling methods and procedures.
• Skill in installing, repairing and troubleshooting network programs, hardware and systems.
• Ability to schedule and perform preventative and corrective maintenance procedures and repairs on network systems.
• Ability to investigate, diagnose and repair network-based system problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency user personnel, MIS personnel and computer equipment vendors.
BALTIMORE CITY RESIDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
For Immediate Response call 732-876-7626, or send your resume to RecruiterMJ@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.