Trigyn's direct government client has a long-term need for an IT Security Engineer in Baltimore, MD.
The Security Engineer is tasked with developing and maintaining the digital security standards, platforms and operations that protect the department's computer infrastructure and data assets. The Security Engineer is the first line of defense against malicious information technology actors. The Security Engineer screens critical IT infrastructure for weaknesses and creates robust countermeasures to prevent potential disruptive incidents. The Security Engineer trains general staff on cyber hygiene, aligns professional IT colleagues with security best practices and advises management on investments to safeguard client's computer, network and data systems. The Security Engineer interacts and exchanges knowledge with other security professionals in city government as well as industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develops, executes and tracks the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
• Designs computer security strategy and engineers comprehensive cybersecurity architecture.
• Identifies, defines and documents system security requirements and recommends solutions to stakeholders.
• Configures, troubleshoots and maintains security infrastructure software and hardware.
• Installs software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
• Monitors systems and infrastructure continuously for irregular behavior and establishes preventive measures.
• Insures that all computer hardware and software elements are patched and up-to-date from a security perspective.
• Plans, develops, implements and updates information security strategy.
• Leads incident investigations and incident response activities.
• Educates and trains staff on information system security best practices and cyber hygiene.
• Performs security audits inclusive of the authoring of comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancements.
• Reviews security plans for all proposed IT projects and tests compliance to security plans for existing projects.
• Works with the Enterprise Architect to insure all new deployments and/or changes meet security requirements while identifying gaps that require a response.
• Researches relevant and current cybersecurity literature from static and on-line resources. Continuously researches potentially new attack vectors.
• Coordinates with internal teams, external partners, vendors, etc. to implement security controls.
• Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Extensive knowledge of operating systems and database security.
• Proficiency in networking technologies, network security and network monitoring solutions.
• Knowledge of security systems including anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems, and intrusion detection and notification systems.
• In-depth knowledge of security protocols and principles.
• Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems.
• At least five (5) years of experience in the information technology systems engineering field.
• At least three (3) years of experience specifically related to information and systems security.
• Demonstrated experience developing, operating and maintaining security systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related discipline.
Any one, or combination of the following, is highly desirable:
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP),
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM),
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA),
• Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP),
• Certified Ethical Hacker,
• GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC),
• CompTIA Security+
BALTIMORE CITY RESIDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
For Immediate Response call 703-454-2948 or send your resume to RecruiterPS@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.