Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Logistics Technician will be responsible
for the following duties:
Service Installation and Support
• Receives and monitors service requests in the automated tracking system with minimum
• Performs tasks related to scheduled service requests, including equipment replacement,
equipment installation/de-installation, returns to stock, site surveys, etc.
• Logs all actions in the automated tracking system, including site survey information, steps taken to resolve problem or to complete task.
• Acts as problem escalation point for technical staff.
• Escalates problems/tasks to the appropriate parties in accordance with established procedures.
• Detects problem patterns and recommends solutions.
• Keeps abreast of developments in technology both in the UN and in the industry in general;
• Performs other related duties as required.
Procurement and Logistics
• Enters assets and asset transactions into the automated inventory management system in
accordance with established procedure.
• Obeys and enforces all security procedures.
• Troubleshoots, cleans, and repairs/rebuilds equipment.
• Performs more complex hardware and software configuration tasks such as creating
• Sorts, compiles, and stores equipment in accordance with work orders and/or equipment
• Prepares and releases equipment for service requests.
• Liaises with other areas of OICT, focal points, and staff of the Permanent Missions.
• Keeps abreast of developments in technology in the industry in general.
• Recommends acquisition of hardware, software, devices, tools, etc. to facilitate work.
• Liaises with other areas of OICT to facilitate completion of service requests.
• Provides advice to clients regarding OICT standards and workflow processes.
• Performs quality assurance procedures to ensure client satisfaction.
• Addresses escalated problems and monitors to resolution.
• Detects problem patterns and recommend solutions.
• Keeps abreast of latest OICT standards and technology.
• May be required to lift, move, mount, or store equipment weighing up to 50 lbs, or up to
80 pieces of equipment daily.
• May be required to work on shift assignments on weekdays to maintain the service
coverage from 08:00 to 18:00. Occasionally, on average once a month, the incumbent
may be required to work ad-hoc assignments during evenings or early mornings of
working days as well as holidays and weekends.
• May be required to visit user’s premises to deliver computer equipment.
• May require the ability to cope with the working conditions of the Logistics Work Area,
where the level of noise and electro-magnetic fields may be slightly higher than the
normal office environment while the temperature may be lower.
Provides effective information technology support to IT staff and users in installation,
operation, maintenance, and service delivery of hardware and software.
For an immediate response, please call 732-876-7622, or send your resume to: RecruiterJK@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 30 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS) and CMMI Level 5 certified company.