Our client - a major utility firm based out of Westchester County, NY - has an immediate need for a Portfolio Analyst. The particulars of the position are as follows.
This role will support project & program controls including building the annual/future portfolios of work, actively monitoring the performance of the current year's portfolio of projects and providing financial analysis and data to various areas of the organization to assist in decision-making.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• Actively monitor the performance of the current year’s portfolio of projects
• Help the organization understand which jobs are most critical to client’s success, ensure the right work is completed, and stay on budget.
• Analyze current performance and needs of all projects to look for resourceful ways to balance the portfolio when projects shift off course. Think through – and make recommendations – regarding which jobs may be deferred, what resources are impacted, which jobs are at risk, or if other jobs are impacted from a scheduling perspective, etc.
• Perform preliminary review of budget submissions and documentation, noting any substantive changes.
Provide financial analysis and data to various areas of the organization to assist in decision-making.
• Provide accurate and timely information regarding project performance, spending forecasts, portfolio spending trends, etc.
• Prepare and distribute, as needed, ad hoc reports related to project or portfolio data.
• Provide support and furnish financial and project information to Senior/Lead Portfolio Analysts as required.
• Prepare spreadsheets, documents, visual support aids, templates, etc. as required.
Assist in reviewing that projects progress from initiation to closeout in a controlled manner.
• Assist project teams in navigating the project governance process and add consistent project methodologies to enhance communications along the way.
• Work closely with the Controls Lead to support capturing all future capex/opex needs.
• Work with the Controls Lead in supporting the evaluation of the overall benefit to the organization.
• Identify potential recommendations for efficiency gains across the project governance database.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Ability to solve problems, work in a team setting on implementations, and meet project deadlines.
• Proven ability to organize data, report on studies in a logical and effective manner.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other computer applications and file organization procedures is required.
• Demonstrated ability to use Pivot Tables, Tables and Database formulas within MS Excel at an intermediate level.
• Working knowledge of MS Access and SAP Products is preferred.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work closely with others in achievement of group and cross-departmental goals.
• Ability to organize and prioritize job assignments and complete tasks in a timely manner, at times, with limited supervision.
• Proactive attitude toward learning and implementing change.
Education & Certifications:
• Minimum 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering (comparable equivalent).
• Minimum 4 years of work experience in related field.
• Experience working within a Project Management Office (PMO) environment is preferred.
For an immediate response, please call 732-876-7632, or send your resume to RecruiterCSE@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.