Our client - a major utility firm based out of Westchester County, NY - has an immediate need for Market Forecasting Services (MFS) Analyst. The particulars of the position are as follows.
The Market Forecasting Services (MFS) Analyst assists in various distinct areas, short-term forecasting, long-term forecasting, load research, load evaluations, capacity/UCAP forecasting, capacity reconciliation and various market and customer load related analytics. Within these areas, the MFS Analyst leads, assists and/or supports the critical functions necessary for the success of the group and its stakeholders.
The MFS Analyst develops comprehensive, dynamic, and static forecasts of demand, energy, capacity and coincident peak loads, as well as production sales delivery and New York Independent System Operator (NYISO)-related bids and bilateral transactions for all of client’s customers as well as all of the enterprise-wide stakeholders. The MFS Analyst manages all the load and UCAP transactions within the NYISO marketplace. Serve as authoritative source for all supply-customer load and capacity related data associated with the aforementioned transactions.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
• Monitor, assist and perform all existing Short Term Load Forecasting (STLF) functions related to the development and improvement of fourteen-day ahead hourly DAM forecasts. This includes scheduling all hourly NYISO load bids, fixed bids and bilateral transactions for all LSE and Non-LSE supply customers. This also includes various statistical analysis (i.e.: regression, R-Squared, T-Stat, Standard Error, sum of squares error etc.).
• Perform weather normalization/load growth studies, and provide supporting variance analysis, monthly balancing summaries with graphs, and reports for Senior Analysts/Management review. Also includes insuring Scheduling procedures follow contracts, Tariffs and NYISO market rules.
• Assist/Review/Challenge all NYISO Loads Invoicing for billing errors or abnormal load reconciliations. Includes coordinating between the NYISO and Transmission Owners.
• Assist and support all upstream and downstream internal/external stakeholders for all LSE & non-LSE customer load related matters, inquiries, analysis and reporting.
• Monitor, Assist and perform all existing Long Term Market Forecasting (LTMF) functions for use in the Operating Forecast, Cost of Service and Long-Range Financial Plan (OF and LRFP) related to ten-year ahead monthly sales forecasts.
• Prepare and schedule the deemed monthly forecasts (day type by hour) for those customer loads handled outside of the STLF system that require manual calculations.
• Maintain a strong command and proficiency over the various MFS systems, data sets, and reporting abilities for timely responses to requests from internal or external stakeholder.
• Knowledge of Independent System Operator, Regional Transmission Organization, Transmission Owner, Load Serving Entity, or Energy Service Company with an understanding of scheduling rules and procedures driven by contract tariff affecting the Management Committee, Business Issues Committee, ICAP/UCAP, LFTF, and PRLWG as they impact load forecasts is preferred.
• Working knowledge of NYISOs MIS, AMS, SDX and DSS systems preferred.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, advanced Excel skills are required.
• Strong analytical background in Economics, Finance, and Accounting is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills for presenting data analysis is required
• Ability to propose strategies to react to a changing environment
• Ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and self-start.
Education & Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree required; Business, Economics, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of utility-related analytical experience. Utility experience in billing, settlement, accounting, finance, energy/commodity trading (Independent System Operator or Regional Transmission Organization) is preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in an analytical role.
• An advanced degree in Marketing, Economics, Finance or an MBA is preferred.
• Position offers a hybrid remote work schedule but must be available to work from the office when needed.
For an immediate response, please call 732-876-7632, or send your resume to RecruiterCSE@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.