Trigyn’s direct client is looking for an Integration/System Test Engineer for contract assignment in New York, NY.
The primary role of the Financial Management System (FMS) Integration/System Test Engineer is to test the various work streams, applications or releases that comprise the Web-based financial management system (FMS) from a functional perspective. Functional testing encompasses integration, system, regression, and user acceptance testing of the application configuration, application, interface, and integration programs, and batch/reporting jobs. During development and implementation of a specific work stream/application/release, the Test Engineer will perform the following tasks for a specific set of functionality: 1) analyze requirements, functional designs, technical specifications, and other project artifacts to understand the functionality; 2) write manual and/or automated test cases per the functional & technical requirements; 3) execute manual and/or automated test cases and retests as required; and 4) document and report test results including documenting and reporting defects.
The Integration/System Test Engineer will be assigned to one of three or more test teams responsible for the functional testing of a specific work stream/application/release during development and implementation. Test Engineer will be assigned to develop test outlines and detailed cases and/or execute test cases or retests for a specific set of functionality for the assigned work stream/application/release. In this capacity, the Integration/System Test Engineer will interact with different vendor staff assigned to the project including business analysts, application architects, developers, configuration management and production support staff.
Under the direct supervision of a Functional Test Lead and per project testing standards and guidelines, the Integration/System Test Engineer will perform the following tasks:
• Achieve test development milestones set by Test Lead for assigned set of functionality;
• If the application is still in the design phase, work closely with the business analysts to document testable user requirements;
• Attend walkthroughs with functional and technical SMEs to better understand the functional and technical requirements and designs;
• Develop functional & technical test outlines and detailed test cases per the Test Lead’s test plan;
• Determine the appropriate data and system set-up requirements for test execution;
• Develop and prepare XML and/or JASON file template for FMS Test Engineers and project.
• Develop complex SQL query code and/or assist test engineers to develop and execute.
• Design & develop back-end complex SQL queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on the mainframe side and Oracle on the Web-side);
• Identify job flows for mainframe and/or Unix batch/reporting jobs based on technical designs;
• Perform data and system set-up for test execution;
• Execute functional test cases per the Team Lead’s test plan and retest as appropriate;
• Work with technical staff to execute and troubleshoot job flows for functional testing of batch/reporting jobs;
• Update test development and execution progress into HP ALM test management tool
• Document and report on test results;
• Document and report software defects using IBM Rational ClearQuest;
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodologies and practices.
• Hands-on experience performing system testing (including integrations of two systems) for accounting and budgeting functions (e.g., financial management ERP functionality).
• Proficiency running & developing complex back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on MF and Oracle on the Web-side).
• Proficiency in running batch/jobs (MF using JCL and for UNIX using UNIX scripts).
• Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
• Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to plan and manage time based on schedules.
• Problem solving skills.
• Flexibility to work overtime or weekends in order to meet target dates.
• Minimum 10 years of hands-on testing (technical, integration, interface, system, regression, and user acceptance testing) for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems. (Advantage ERP package software strongly preferred)
• Minimum 10 years of experience writing test outlines, detailed test case development from requirements and/or design documents for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems.
• Minimum 10 years hands-on testing of complex applications in Mainframe and Web-based environments (e.g., interfaces/ETL, integration code with web services, middleware, etc.).
• Minimum 10 years hands-on testing with industry-standard defect tracking tools (HP ALM and Clear Quest preferred).
• BA in MIS, Computer Science, or related field from a recognized college or university or equivalent work experience.
For Immediate Response call 732-876-7642 or send your resume to RecruiterYS@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.