Trigyn's direct government client has an immediate need for an Instructional Designer / Safety Trainer in Long Island City, NY.
The Environmental Health and Safety Department is responsible for providing Safety Training to over 12,000 employees and temporary staff. Employee safety trainings are critical to ensure that employees understand and know how to perform their work safely, and to ensure that the organization maintains regulatory compliance. The Employee Safety Instructional Design Consultant would be responsible for the below in addition to other possible assignments.
• Perform a training needs assessment to understand the current safety training program, i.e.- existing training and materials, training requirements, profile/makeup of learners, training goals and objectives. As part of needs assessment, researches and consults with the EHS Safety Training Manager, current trainers and subject matter experts; reviews feedback from employees and stakeholders to continuously evaluate and improve training materials. Draft and deliver final report with findings of needs assessment.
• Based on needs assessment work with the Employee Safety Oversight Team and EHS leadership to develop and implement a plan to design, develop, or update EHS-administered safety trainings and training material (presentations, associated manuals and other learning aides) to ensure that the EHS Safety Training program fully meets regulatory requirements for specific safety topics, aligns with client’s Operational policies and procedures, and effectively meets the needs of the organization’s employees.
• Identify the most appropriate strategies, methodologies, learning activities, and technologies to maximize the learning experience and knowledge transfer.
• Support transformation of training content into virtual interactive trainings or develop tools to enhance existing virtual trainings.
• Develop project management plans to track project and communicate progress from planning to completion of deliverables.
• Demonstrable experience in instructional design.
• Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills.
• Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint or other presentation tools.
• Experience designing virtual trainings.
• Experience in instructional design for OSHA/safety related materials.
• Education in instructional design, preferably a graduate degree.
• BCSP Certified Instructional Training (CIT) Certification.
• Proficiency with design software (Adobe Captivate, etc.)
• Very proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, and Excel.
• OSHA Authorized Trainer.
• Safety training experience.
NEW YORK CITY HOUSING AUTHORITY RESIDENTS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
For Immediate Response call 732-876-7631, or send your resume to RecruiterVP@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.