Trigyn's direct government client has an immediate need for an Information Security Engineer in Baltimore, MD. The particulars of the opportunity are below:
The client is looking for an information security engineer with a focus on vulnerability management. In this role, you will be responsible for implementation, operation, administration, and maintenance of the risk-based vulnerability management software platform used to scan, monitor, track, report, and remediate vulnerabilities on client’s servers, workstations, and network devices.
In addition, you will support the analysis of software/hardware vulnerabilities and the impact those vulnerabilities will have on systems. You will utilize your expertise to prioritize vulnerabilities to be in line with business objectives, formulate and track fix actions for technical teams, and contribute to the mitigation strategies that can be implemented prior to the release of fix actions. This is a challenging role within a growing information security team, and an opportunity to act as a vulnerability management subject matter expert, while broadening your skills in an enterprise-wide information security policy and compliance program.
Information Security Engineer Vulnerability Management responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Implement, operate, administer, and maintain client’s risk-based vulnerability management capabilities.
• Conduct and manage vulnerability scans of all Enterprise endpoints and servers.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose any issues that may arise form vulnerability scans.
• Provide expertise and operational planning support for implementing risk-based vulnerability management metrics and scorecards.
• Document vulnerability management processes.
• Provide notification of potential threats and assess the impact to our environment by tracking vulnerabilities and exploits, internal to department and globally.
• Research issues related to installation of patches and provide guidance.
• Track, document, and convey system, network, and application vulnerabilities as well as real-time patch management capability.
• Monitor the progress of vulnerability remediation activities and provide regular status update to upper leadership.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in computer engineering/science.
• 2 plus years of experience reviewing vulnerabilities and developing mitigation strategies.
• 2 plus years of experience administrating vulnerability management solutions
• Relevant certifications (PMP, GEVA, etc.) preferred.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to review system changes for potential vulnerabilities and recommending improvements.
• Understanding of information security Risk Management Framework (RMF) methodologies.
• Previous tools experience working with Tenable.io, SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager, Rapid7 InsightVM, Qualys, or equivalent toolsets.
• Solid understanding of security fundamentals and information security control frameworks.
• Technical understanding in the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware (malware communication installation, or malware types), or intermediate knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch, or open-source information collection)
• Good team player, self-confident, motivated, and independent, capable of working with little to no instructions.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Attention to details and good problem-solving skills.
• Advanced communications and presentations skills (verbal and written) enabling precise conveyance of information.
BALTIMORE CITY RESIDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
For Immediate Response call 732-876-7622, or send your resume to RecruiterJK@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 30 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS) and CMMI Level 5 certified company.