Our client - a major utility firm based out of Westchester County, NY - has an immediate need for Financial Analyst. The particulars of the position are as follows.
The consultant will be a part of daily operations for Treasury and utilize financial tools and systems to ensure quality information and reports are delivered to senior management on a timely basis. Specifically, the client is looking for a strong user of Treasury software of one or more of the following: Geneva, Kyriba, or SAP.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
• Assist and maintain automated financial tools and systems that ensure quality information and reports are delivered to senior management on a timely basis.
• Identify emerging needs and implement additional reports to present data in a concise and useful fashion.
• Design and implement financial models and modeling changes to quantify the potential impacts of industry changes and changes in client’s overall business, including net income forecasts, cash flow forecasts, and relevant financial metrics.
• Test calculations and ensure accuracy of the models.
• Identify, recommend, and implement opportunities to streamline processes or improve computer model systems.
• Perform cost/benefit and life-cycle economic analyses of client’s various facilities and programs, and any other special assignments/analyses as directed by senior management.
• Interpret results from various analysis and communicate actionable recommendations to senior management, either verbally or in writing, about the preferred way to proceed along with alternative scenarios.
• Represent the Finance department throughout the organization as a trusted business partner, bringing value added financial acumen to cross functional groups and projects.
• Lead junior team members in completion of special assignments and analyses as assigned by management.
• Proficient knowledge of economics, finance, and accounting.
• Proficiency with the electric utility industry and NYISO market strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with oil & gas markets, hedging structures and instruments, Public Service Commission and FERC policy and process, and financial and bond markets a plus.
• Excellent analytical skills required, including statistical and quantitative analysis and the use of spreadsheets and databases to analyze past and forecast future financial trends.
• Ability to analyze financial, marketing and operational data and make recommendations based on the analysis.
• Ability to solve problems, work in a team setting on implementations, and meet project deadlines.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point and other computer applications and file organization procedures is required.
• Demonstrated ability to use Pivot Tables, Tables and Database formulas within MS Excel at advanced level.
• Good working knowledge of MS Access, SAP BI, NYISO DSS, and/or Tableau is preferred.
• MS Visio knowledge is desirable.
• Ability to work closely with others in achievement of group and cross-departmental goals.
• Proactive approach to identify opportunities to improve efficiency of work processes and computer models and systems.
• Willingness and ability to research and learn new areas as the business needs change.
• Ability to organize and prioritize job assignments and complete tasks in a timely manner with limited supervision
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to clearly explain and present concepts in multiple areas of expertise to peers and management.
• Ability to represent department and advocate for departmental needs in cross-departmental meetings.
• An overall understanding of client’s operations preferred
• Ability to anticipate problems/issues and share them with others as appropriate.
Education & Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics or related discipline required.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years of related analytical business experience with strong understanding of corporate finance preferred.
For an immediate response, please call 732-876-7632, or send your resume to RecruiterCSE@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.