Our client - a major utility firm based out of Westchester County, NY - has an immediate need for an experienced Financial Analyst. The particulars of the position are as follows.
The candidate will be a part of daily operations and utilize financial tools and systems to ensure quality information and reports are delivered to senior management on a timely basis.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• Design and maintain automated financial tools and systems that ensure quality information and reports are delivered to senior management on a timely basis.
• Identify emerging needs and implement additional reports to present data in a concise and useful fashion. Design and implement financial models and modeling changes to quantify the potential impacts of industry changes and changes in client’s overall business, including net income forecasts, cash flow forecasts, and relevant financial metrics. Test calculations and ensure accuracy of the models. Identify, recommend, and implement opportunities to streamline processes or improve computer model systems.
• Perform cost/benefit and life-cycle economic analyses of client’s various facilities and programs, and any other special assignments/analyses as directed by senior management.
• Interpret results from various analysis and communicate actionable recommendations to senior management, either verbally or in writing, about the preferred way to proceed along with alternative scenarios.
• Represent the Finance department throughout the organization as a trusted business partner, bringing value added financial acumen to cross functional groups and projects.
• Lead junior team members in completion of special assignments and analyses as assigned by management.
• Minimum 8-10 years of related analytical business experience with strong understanding of corporate finance preferred.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Ability to solve problems, work in a team setting on implementations, and meet project deadlines.
• Proven ability to organize data, report on studies in a logical and effective manner, and a demonstrated ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other computer applications and file organization procedures is required.
• Demonstrated ability to use Pivot Tables, Tables and Database formulas within MS Excel at basic level.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work closely with others in achievement of group and cross-departmental goals.
Keys to this role:
• Prior experience with financial analysis - working with balance sheets, cash flow analysis, modeling, investment portfolios.
• Strong Excel is required; PowerBI and/or Tableau would be helpful but not required
• MS Access, SAP BI, and/or Tableau is preferred
• MS Visio knowledge is desirable.
• NYISO DSS
• Utility experience with an understanding of corporate finance and governmental regulations and requirements preferred.
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics or related discipline required.
For an immediate response, please call 732-876-7621 or send your resume to: RecruiterCS@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 30 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS) and CMMI Level 5 certified company.