Our client - a major utility firm based out of Westchester County, NY - has an immediate need for a Digital Library and Information Specialist. The particulars of the position are as follows.
This role will support the client’s Digital Warehouse team for supporting the Digital Library and electronic content management.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• Analyze and research current digital and hard copy collection of engineering and business information publications to look for more effective and cost-efficient sources weed the physical collection, remove records from OPAC system, research newer editions
• Assist Corporate librarian with Acquisitions, an invoice processing Using an OPAC system edit and create MARC records.
• Work with Engineers and subject matter experts to confirm usage of technical publications.
• Work with Procurement to track renewals and billing process.
• Implement a plan to analyze and digitize or warehouse a large collection of engineering documents
• Assist end users with searching for technical documents by their associated metadata tags.
• Assist with any resources needed to support technical work such database creation updates.
• Clear understanding of Library OPAC's and Archives Management Understanding of library systems.
• Strong excel skills
• Work with various business units to further understand their information needs and usage styles.
• Experience with Sirsi/Dynix EOS or other established Library management systems.
• Understanding of taxonomy/metadata skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Experience creating collections of documents and training end users to search
• Experience in the engineering/utilities, field ability to work in a highly regulated environment
• Exceptional customer service and strong interpersonal skills are required
• Microsoft Office/Outlook skills, knowledge of Access, and strong Excel skills
• Ability to establish effective relationships with team members
Education & Certifications
• 4-year degree
For an immediate response, please call 732-876-7632, or send your resume to RecruiterCSE@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.