Trigyn's direct government client has an immediate need for COBOL Developer in Albany, NY.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Analyze mainframe COBOL, CICS, MVS JCL, VSAM and IBM utilities.
• Provide complete analysis of proposed system changes.
• Collaborate with business analysts and systems users to gather and refine system change requirements.
• Establish test conditions based on code specifications.
• Code and debug mainframe COBOL, CICS, MVS JCL, VSAM and IBM utilities.
• Conduct technical walk-throughs of proposed system changes.
• Conduct unit testing and debugging of all code changes in a development environment.
• Debug and fix reported defects and implement enhancement requests.
• Perform Quality Assurance testing of code changes as assigned.
• Provide production support for batch & online processing.
• Monitor applications, email notifications, and logs for technical and/or functional issues which impact production applications and projects.
• Work closely with business analysts and system users on problem identification and resolution.
• Provide on-call support for after-hours batch processing as needed.
• Participate on Modernization project team in varying roles including technical expert, technical lead and team participant.
• Analyze and extract business requirements from legacy application for use by Modernization project team in developing business requirements for future Justice Court system.
• Work with Modernization team or directly with users to understand the business requirements from legacy application.
• Extract application data from legacy application for use by Modernization project team in data conversion for future Justice Court system.
• Conduct parallel testing of legacy application for use by Modernization project team in parallel testing for future Justice Court system.
• Is involved with all facets of the software development process, including the research, design, programming, testing and implementation of computer software.
• Candidate is able to work independently, without assistance and provides guidance to others. May have an advanced education.
• 60 months experience in a procedural language such as COBOL
• 60 months experience in developing the logic of a computer program based on design specifications
• 60 months experience in debugging/resolving program problems
• 60 months experience in programming in COBOL
• 60 months experience in programming in JCL
• 60 months experience in technical writing
• 12 months experience coordinating project activities or working in a leadership role
• 12 months experience providing off-hours support
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
For Immediate Response call 732-876-7635, or send your resume to RecruiterVS@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.