Trigyn's direct government client has an immediate need for Cloud Security Engineer in Baltimore, MD. The particulars of the opportunity are below:
The department is seeking a Cloud Security Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for security implementation, operation, administration, and maintenance of the cloud software platforms used by the client. In addition, you will support the security vulnerabilities and the impact those vulnerabilities will have on cloud systems. You will utilize your expertise to prioritize vulnerabilities to be in line with business objectives, formulate and track fix actions for technical teams, and contribute to the mitigation strategies that can be implemented prior to the release of fix actions for cloud-based systems. This is a challenging role within a growing information security team, and an opportunity to act as a cloud security subject matter expert, while broadening your skills in an enterprise-wide information security cloud security programs.
Cloud Security Engineer responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Propose, enable, and configure security features in Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and other related cloud-based services.
• Assist with selection and management of a client’s Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) platform.
• Collaborate on Risk Management, Security Architecture, and Incident Response with leadership to ensure necessary controls to cloud services are deployed and tested.
• Work with Information Security, Infrastructure, and other stakeholders to design and develop cloud-based environments in secure manner.
• Provide technical expertise and operational planning support for implementing security in cloud-based platforms and services.
• Document cloud-based architecture, processes, and procedures that go into cloud security management.
• Help develop cloud security technical roadmaps and improvements in client’s defensive posture.
• Investigate, create, and recommend innovative technologies or other methods that will enhance the security of cloud-based environments.
• Provide regular status updates and briefings to Information Security management and outside stakeholders.
• Support security engineering assessments on new systems and major upgrades as time allows
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in computer engineering/science or related field.
• 4 years of related IT experience (for example, but not limited to systems engineering, network engineering, information security, application programming, systems design, hierarchical/relational database management, GIS experience, custom report writing or developing and supporting cloud-based software integration).
• Equivalencies: An equivalent combination of education and experience
• 4 years of experience administrating Microsoft Azure, Office 365, or other cloud-based platforms preferred
• Relevant certifications preferred (e.g., Cloud Security Certification; Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge; Certified Cloud Security Specialist)
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Experience with identity and access management in cloud computing.
• Experience with implemented and managing a CASB solution for a large enterprise.
• Experience with troubleshooting Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows systems.
• Technical understanding in the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, virtual systems, hypervisor technology, container virtualization, cloud technologies, web proxies, active directory architecture, basic system administration, etc.
• Good team player, self-confident, motivated, and independent, capable of working with little to no instructions.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Attention to details and good problem-solving skills.
• Advanced communications and presentations skills (verbal and written) enabling precise conveyance of information.
BALTIMORE CITY RESIDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
For Immediate Response call 732-876-7640, or send your resume to RecruiterPC@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 30 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS) and CMMI Level 5 certified company.