Our client - a major utility firm based out of Westchester County, NY - has an immediate need for CAD Operator. The particulars of the position are as follows.
To utilize Computer Aided Design (CAD) software to prepare detailed drawings for a design discipline (Electrical) as necessary to accomplish construction and implementation of Generation and Transmission projects and/or system modifications based upon information provided by specifications, design criteria, scopes of work or conceptual sketches. Design packages are prepared in accordance with applicable regulations, codes and industry standards. Design drawings are vital for the successful completion of construction projects to ensure reliable and safe facility operations.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• A CAD Operator I (Electrical) performs a variety of moderately complex drafting tasks using appropriate Computer Aided Design Drawing (CADD) software.
• Ability to prepare moderately complex design and construction drawings in a clear, efficient and accurate manner.
• Requires working knowledge of fundamental engineering principles, construction techniques, generally accepted drafting practices and standards.
• Knowledge of internal/external CADD issues in order to improve quality and production of design drawings.
• Organizes design drawings following generally accepted practices to ensure constructability and consistency with design intent.
• Assists other CAD Operators in developing skills and techniques for efficient and accurate drawing production.
• Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams, accurate layout details and assembly drawings, detailed drawings of parts, assemblies, and related items.
• Develops drawings from sketches and data provided by Engineers and Designers.
• Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and Raster Design.
• Experience with Engineering Document Management Systems (EDMS) is required.
• Work is performed on new drawings or as revisions to existing drawings.
• Basic oral communications skills are necessary to interact with others within the department. Communication skills must be at a level where the incumbent can request data, organize technical information, and advise others of potential technical conflicts in the work product.
• Requires a good understanding of related design disciplines.
• Can expedite work in accordance with priorities as determined by the Design Supervisor. Able to handle multiple projects. Can adjust to changing project requirements, priorities and assignments.
Education & Certifications:
• High School diploma or technical trade school certification.
• Minimum of 2 years of applicable experience as a CAD Operator may be substituted for a diploma or certification at the discretion of the client.
• Minimum of 2 years of applicable commercial or industrial experience.
For an immediate response, please call 732-876-7632, or send your resume to RecruiterCSE@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.