Trigyn's direct government client has an immediate need for a Business / Data Analyst in Albany, NY.
The Business Analyst will work closely with Medicaid Data Warehouse program staff, vendor staff, and other stakeholders to define and develop requirements in all aspects of the MDW. The Business Analysts will apply a wide range of specialized knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for the MDW.
Specific duties include:
• Analyzes, develops and revises flow charts, process models and technical specifications describing as-is or to-be Information Technology (IT) systems or business processes
• Prioritizes IT system requirements and gains stakeholder agreement for IT projects or business process change documents detailing the project
• Assists with developing presentations to justify and explain IT system or business process requirements
• Evaluates the outcomes of systems testing, and confirms that the results are consistent with the system or business process specifications
• Reviews proposals from staff and recommends to management the criticality of revising system or business process requirements during and after IT system implementation, if applicable
• Determines the impact of software and hardware releases on the IT system
• Assists with the development of training related to business systems implementation for users
• Writes Queries
• Assists in querying Data sources to determine the validity of project outputs
• Documents data architecture
• Analyzes an organization or business domain (real or hypothetical) and documents its business or processes or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology with distinct deliverables to a solution.
• Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or similar field of study.
• 84 months of experience in business analysis in Information Technology on SDLC projects; including developing business cases, gap analysis, functional and non-function requirements, test cases and plans; participating in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and reviewing UAT results.
• 84 months of experience using recognized business analysis methodologies (such as JAD sessions) to elicit business needs and requirements from stakeholders, and developing/ revising flow charts, and process models describing as-is or to-be system and business processes.
• 60 months of Data analysis/Data and mining of complex systems and relational databases.
• 60 months of experience querying and interrogating data using complex SQL on DB2 or Oracle platforms using tools such as SQL query tools and using MS Access.
• 24 months experience with Medicaid and/or health care industry data and its analysis.
• 60 months of experience analyzing and developing reporting needs/reports from three perspectives: senior management, power user, and ad hoc, using industry standard (e.g. Cognos, OBIEE) reporting software.
• 24 months experience with working in a formal Project Management office, working with Project Managers and teams, and using standardized methodologies (such as waterfall and agile) and templates, participating in the evaluation of project readiness for deployment.
For Immediate Response call 732-876-7637, or send your resume to RecruiterEC@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 35 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, , ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS),ISO 20000:2018 and CMMI Level 5 certified company.