To provide specialist accessibility advice and guidance as required on all Products and Projects.
1) To audit/review and report accessibility status of different products and technologies
2) To provide accessibility advice and guidance to internal teams, including Content Dev, UX, Software Dev/QA, Product Management, and others as necessary
3) Write/develop accessibility supporting collateral as necessary
4) Overall 5+ years of development experience in accessibility testing of web application and sites
5) Thorough working knowledge of how to make web content and applications compliant with WCAG 2.0 / 2.1 Level AA Standards
6) Ability to identify and suggest potential solutions to deliver accessible content on web and mobile devices
7) Thorough working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, policies, regulations and standards (Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment and Section 504)
8) Develop and document internal processes for web design, development, and testing to ensure compliance with Section 508 requirements and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
9) Excellent organizational skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and alone
10) Demonstrated ability to gather resources and information needed to understand content and options
11) Ability to utilize assistive technologies such as screen readers and close captioning
12) Knowledge of principles, concepts, methods and techniques of universal design standards
13) Ability to utilize computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities
14) Knowledge of programming concepts & Knowledge of full system development life cycle preferred.
15) Skill in the management and execution of test cases to ensure appropriate coverage of the system’s functionality.
16) Strong diagnostic, testing and problem-solving skills. Strong analytical, communication, and team skills.
17) Ability to communicate to a wide range of project stakeholders e.g. Executives, Managers, Designers, Developers, and Administrators.
19) Extensive knowledge of manual and automated quality assurance testing
20) Strong written and oral communication skills.
21) Knowledge of a broad range of assistive technologies, in particular screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver & TalkBack; additional & good to have AXE, WAT, Chromevox, Androvox, WAVE, AChecker
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
5+ year’s industry experience working in accessibility
Educated to degree level